UTC Celebrates $1 Billion Investment in Employee Scholar Program
Tuesday, March 1, 2012
United Technologies believes strongly in the value of lifelong learning. That’s why the Employee Scholar Program was established in 1996 – to support employees in reaching their career and educational goals. A workforce that embraces lifelong learning is best prepared to compete in the fast-changing global marketplace.
A highly educated, innovative workforce is absolutely critical to UTC's success. To make it happen, UTC has invested more than $1 billion over the past 15 years, paying up front all costs of tuition, fees and books – and that goes for employees pursuing a college degree in any field of their choosing.
Employees in more than 50 countries around the world have seized the opportunity, earning more than 32,500 degrees through the program. Today there are more than 10,000 UTC employees around the world enrolled.
- • UTC Marks $1 Billion Employee Education Milestone (Hartford Courant)
- • Give UTC Credit For Employee Education (Editorial - Hartford Courant)
- • United Technologies celebrates higher ed program (Boston Globe, via AP)
- • Gov. Malloy Makes A Stop In Simsbury (Simsbury Patch)
- • Malloy tells Obama about job creation in state (The Day)